The aim of the Acceptable Use Policy (‘AUP’) is to ensure that all users of the Service enjoy reasonable levels of performance, in particular a good level of responsiveness and a very high level of security.
Any violation of this Acceptable Use Policy may lead to additional cost to the Customer, or a termination of Service by Headwall Hosting.
- If the Customer hosts content that is deemed to be illegal in the country where the servers are hosted (the United Kingdom) then the Service may be terminated and the Customer notified as to the reason.
- The Customer may not use the Service to host phishing, spamming or similar campaigns.
- If the Customer consumes more bandwidth than their Service allows for then they will be contacted and asked to either move to a higher plan or reduce their bandwidth consumption. This is to ensure that all users of the Service maintain acceptable performance levels.
- The Customer may not use the Service to scan, hack or otherwise probe then internal electronic infrastructure. Any attempt to do so will result in immediate cancellation of Service.
- The Customer is responsible for maintaining the integrity of their security, such as passwords and keys. If violation of the AUP is deemed to be caused by the Customer losing control of their security then Headwall Hosting reserve the right to terminate Service.
If you have any questions about what might or might not be covered by acceptable use then just ask.